Grief isn’t a good thing, but there’s a good path through it if you have the right guide. Claire McCarthy is one of those people.
Our new friend Claire McCarthy is a Certified Professional Coach, and the founder of The Limoncello Society, an online community + breakup boot camp for gals who find themselves starting over due to a divorce or significant breakup.
In February 2008, Claire was busy living her version of the American dream when her life changed in the blink of an eye. Her six-week-old daughter Peyton died, followed by the almost immediate disintegration of her 10-year marriage. The next few years were filled with multiple moves, shattered friendships, business loss and ultimately bankruptcy. Just a year after her daughter died, her Father died unexpectedly.
Claire was a wreck. Devastated, out of work, penniless, a hundred pounds overweight, depressed and hopeless, facing the toughest 5 years of her life and in the middle of a crisis of faith. At one point she was on food stamps and state assistance, attempting to raise her then 2-year old son alone while navigating her new reality of life.
But then she made a decision to change her story.
She became a Certified Grief Recovery Specialist and Certified Professional Coach to help others navigate life after loss and rebuild their lives.
I can’t wait for you to meet Claire McCarthy. Her story is inspiring, and she’s someone you should know if you want to learn how to be a stronger person. She’s passionate, fiery, and she knows how to help you get through the hard parts of life.
Claire’s story really walks us through the five truths we’ve been talking about all year here on You Start Today. Let’s think about them in the light of Claire’s journey.
1. Past losses can teach us, but they can’t define us. Claire decided to be defined by who she is now, which includes her bereavement and the struggles she’s overcome in life. She decided to mine her pain for its lessons, and to help others do so as well.
2. Massive change requires massive action. Claire started walking. She lost 75 pounds. She decided to learn something new, which lead to her deciding to harness her pain and use it to help others. She decided to take action to change her story, to do something good.
3. If you want to feel better, do better. Claire decided she didn’t want to feel sad, hopeless and lost forever. She rejected the labels we so often accept when we’ve gone through something hard.
4. Peace is achievable in spite of circumstance. Claire re-engaged with her faith, found peace, and made a new life because she figured out who she was. You can too!
5. The time to start is today. You start today. You can’t change yesterday, and you can’t control tomorrow. But you can start today. Claire did it. Lisa and I are trying to do it. You can too!
If you want to become healthier, feel better, and be happier, you have to start today!
Please check out Claire McCarthy at http://www.clairemccarthy.me/
Remember: If you want to become healthier, feel better, and be happier, you have to start today.
Life is short, and there are no guarantees. But you can take control, and you can enjoy and make a difference with the time you have.
Life isn’t brain surgery; it’s harder. It’s a war. But even though life is hard, God is faithful. You can have the life you were created to have, but you can’t keep waiting for it. It’s time to get moving. Take a lesson from Claire McCarthy, and get moving!
I’m Dr. Lee Warren. I can’t wait to talk to you next week, but you start today.
Online Brain Surgery
You can't change your life until you change your mind.
Get my best prescriptions for real life change,
free every Monday in my weekly newsletter!